2013 Rincon - Page 5 - Honda Rincon Forum : RinconRiders Honda Rincon Forums


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Mudbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: State of confusion
Posts: 10,393
Default

Sign on the door says Rincon Riders, do you walk into the womens room too pee?
Mudbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
YellowCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizefighter View Post
Most people come to a forum for advice on bike problems or modifications, and to help others with those issues. A few guys make friends while they're here. I've been on here since 2006, and it seems the guys that were heavy into mods have figured out that you can only get so much out of the Rincon, but you'd still have less power than other stock bikes. A lot of those guys have moved on to other machines. The die hard Honda guys don't except any other machines and I hope you don't take it personally.

I'm not here to make friends, but I'm not against it. I look for tips and I share tips. I hope you stick around Mac and share your tips with us modders that are still here. Search helps, but doesn't always answer back.
(Not picking on you prizefighter)

Dang-most of the those ATVers who need a more powerfull 800cc, 900cc or 1000cc are compensating for lack of something else. I can understand someone looking for a machine strickly for racing or mudding but to me thats a huge waste of a prefectly good ATV. Otherwise the statement about wanting more power than the Rincon can give is bullshit. The majority of ATVers in the world have and own ATVs under 500cc and that is a fact. I still have my Rincon not because its a Honda or because its a Rincon or because I'm a so called "Fan" I own it because I never had to do anything to the piece of **** since I bought it in 2003. No other ATV has the same technology and its perfect for the work I do around the house and the trails I ride. Once in a while and I mean .5 percent of the time I come accross a mud pit where I wish it had higher ground clearence and big mud tires but to change the nature of my ATV just for the.5 percent is ridiculous.


I swear-if I hear one more stupid comment about people giving up the Rincon for more power!!!
__________________
Impeach The US Government!
Why, because it no longer stands for Americans!

Government is not the answer to our problems, government is the problem!

Taxation is the antithesis of freedom.

2004 Yellow Honda Rincon with Warn 2500 winch, Moose cargo rack, Moose gun rack, Moose 60" Snow Plow, Honda trailer hitch, Yuasa YTX 20-BS Battery.
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-5.7L V8 HEMI, Tilt utility trailer with Fastrap Tiedowns.
2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2010 Massey Ferguson GC2410.
YellowCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCJ View Post
Dang-most of the those ATVers who need a more powerfull 800cc, 900cc or 1000cc are compensating for lack of something else. I can understand someone looking for a machine strickly for racing or mudding but to me thats a huge waste of a prefectly good ATV. Otherwise the statement about wanting more power than the Rincon can give is bullshit. The majority of ATVers in the world have and own ATVs under 500cc and that is a fact. I still have my Rincon not because its a Honda or because its a Rincon or because I'm a so called "Fan" I own it because I never had to do anything to the piece of **** since I bought it in 2003. No other ATV has the same technology and its perfect for the work I do around the house and the trails I ride. Once in a while and I mean .5 percent of the time I come accross a mud pit where I wish it had higher ground clearence and big mud tires but to change the nature of my ATV just for the.5 percent is ridiculous.


I swear-if I hear one more stupid comment about people giving up an ATV for more power!!!
Amen!
__________________
2012 Red Rincon, warn xt30, atv-guru front and rear bumpers and receiver hitch. water pump mod,aluminum products skid plate and guards, garmin montana gps, reverse override kit from 2faroffroad, bighorn 2.0's, elka stage 1's. Grease fittings in upper a-arms, eagle eye lights, AME heated grips.
badhabit_wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Brandon2011Rincon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peterborough ON. Canada
Posts: 737
Default

Truth is... There will always be a mud hole to get stuck in. No matter the size or hp.
__________________
Kimpex Front bumper, 26" Interco Swamplite reptiles, Warn Winch, stealth snorkel, Vents ran to pod, Exhaust tip, 2" Lift, Garmin GPS, and a smile ear to ear!
Brandon2011Rincon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Oilcan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,341
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabit_wb View Post
Amen!
X2 on the Amen!!
Oilcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Caveman Tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 64
Garage
Default

I totally agree with the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra. There is one issue that is not specific to the Rincon I wish Honda would fix..... the Cammo issue. I really wanted a cammo rinny but the salesman talked me out of it. I have only ever heard from one person that their cammo held up but he never put his through the mud.

Any chance they will ever fix the problem?
__________________
'12 Rincon, Stealth Snorkel, 27" Mud Lites, Warn RT25 winch, custom made sound tube
Caveman Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Brandon2011Rincon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peterborough ON. Canada
Posts: 737
Default

I don't know how you would fix it... Your inner knees rub and wear on it. Add abrasive mud and it's going to happen sooner or later.
__________________
Kimpex Front bumper, 26" Interco Swamplite reptiles, Warn Winch, stealth snorkel, Vents ran to pod, Exhaust tip, 2" Lift, Garmin GPS, and a smile ear to ear!
Brandon2011Rincon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon2011Rincon View Post
I don't know how you would fix it... Your inner knees rub and wear on it. Add abrasive mud and it's going to happen sooner or later.
If that's where it's rubbing off a clear piece of mylar over that area would go a long way towards fixing it.
__________________
2012 Red Rincon, warn xt30, atv-guru front and rear bumpers and receiver hitch. water pump mod,aluminum products skid plate and guards, garmin montana gps, reverse override kit from 2faroffroad, bighorn 2.0's, elka stage 1's. Grease fittings in upper a-arms, eagle eye lights, AME heated grips.
badhabit_wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Brandon2011Rincon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peterborough ON. Canada
Posts: 737
Default

Camo owners>>> where does it begin peeling?
__________________
Kimpex Front bumper, 26" Interco Swamplite reptiles, Warn Winch, stealth snorkel, Vents ran to pod, Exhaust tip, 2" Lift, Garmin GPS, and a smile ear to ear!
Brandon2011Rincon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Mudbuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: State of confusion
Posts: 10,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman Tiny View Post
I totally agree with the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mantra. There is one issue that is not specific to the Rincon I wish Honda would fix..... the Cammo issue. I really wanted a cammo rinny but the salesman talked me out of it. I have only ever heard from one person that their cammo held up but he never put his through the mud.

Any chance they will ever fix the problem?
Mine is 6 years old, has all size riders using it including youngins and I can't find a bad spot on it. I wash it once a year with mild car wash soap, let mother nature clean it the rest of the time, that is the reason I bought the camo with a flat finish and not a shiney red one. It isn't made for show and shine events. If you have to power wash it plan on having a tan one within a year or two.

Last edited by Mudbuddy; 04-20-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Mudbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Active Topics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.