Honda Rincon Forum banner

What jet size for carbon on spark plug

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kroorda 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Rincon. I put the stealth snorkel on it. I put a new spark plug and it is getting carbon on it. The bike seems to run ok but I don't want the head to get carboned up. is there an adjustment or do I need to rejet? I have the carb off right now to clean and now would be a good time to rejet if you think I should. Please advise.

#2 ·
put the other 2 wheels on it, and call it what it is ... a quad! maybe also go up a few sizes... try a 158 and 52 and go from there.... the AF adjustment is a priority and can account for much of your troubles, but the 158 on a stock exhaust is just fine IMHO

#3 ·
I'd have to agree with Oilcan on that one . If its running fine , maybe go up with the jet sizes and then I would leave it alone .

#4 ·
Is the blackness(carbon) on the threads or on the porcelain? If it's just on the threads, then that is completely normal. The porcelain is the part to worry about. If it is lightly brown, then all is good, if it is where the carbon is, then you are too rich and need to go down a jet size.

What is the size of your snorkel? If it is smaller to 2in. it is smaller than the stock intake tube and will cause you to run a bit rich.

Easy to remember, porcelain white or ashy = too lean got up in jet size
porcelain black or sooty = too rich go down jet size.

#6 ·
It looks like it is running rich. I would go down one size on the main jet, leave the Idle Jet alone and make a A/F screw adjustment. Maybe even lower the needle a bit.

#7 ·
Yep way rich, go down at least 1 jets size, maybe 2.

#8 ·
J,
What altitude are you operating at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.