Honda Rincon Forum banner

RINCONS IN THE OUTAOUAIS

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  asmack 
#1 ·
ANY RINCON OWNERS IN THE OTTAWA-HULL REGION. I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR RIDING
BUDDIES

#3 ·
Viper - Yes it does. It makes a noticeable difference when installed properly. It will not make the Rincon seem like a 1000cc bike, but you will definitely notice a difference in the low end at take-off and mid range through sweeping turns.

#5 ·
Well, installed properly means using the proper jet size for your local elevation, placing the clip on the needle and washers in the proper position and setting the fuel mix screw. ( All easy to install and tune ) It only takes about 45 minutes to an hour.

I had to veer from the DJ kit instructions just a bit to get mine running great. Using the DJ 144 jet for below 3000 ft., I had to put the needle clip on the top (1st) notch and only 2 turns on the mix screw. Has been running great ever since. Try the DJ recommended settings first. Then adjust as needed. It cost just over $100 for the DJ Kit, K&N Filter and Outerwear pre filter. It was cheaper to buy the items separately vs. buying the K&N Power kit.

Take the plunge, you won’t regret it…

#6 ·
I notice a differance,It is a cheap way to get more power.I think it starts easier also,Runs alittle cooler.I want to put a differant pipe on it also.That will also help.More air in and more out.I am alittle concerned with running it to lean ,so I stayed with what the instructions said,haven't made any changes yet.I might also try leaving air box lid off,see if that makes differance.Of coarse put it on when riding in wet conditions.goodluck

#8 ·
Hey Hondahey!
I live just south of Kemptville and there is 6 Rincons in our group!We've got trails down here, lots of mud this spring. There is a rally April 9th/05 down here at the junction of 416 & 401.Put on by the Johnston ATV club with I am a member of. I pick up my new Rincon March 17th.....traded the Rubicon in.
shortcircuit@ripnet.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.