Honda Rincon Forum banner

the price of gas

6K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  hondaman 
#1 ·
98.9 cents a liter thats just crazy .. I dont mind paying that when im on the water but dammmmmm....

#3 ·
Saw reg unleaded today for $2.05/gallon, lowest it's been here in a while.

#4 ·
Hey mud, got a wild turkey today. Show you a pic of it on the smoker this weekend.

#6 ·
2.39/gal,.77/liter reg. unleaded. .99/ liter across the border. I think just about everyone from new brunswick comes over here for gas.

#9 ·
I think he is talking about $5 in the states, that will be closer to $10 for you Mud.

#13 ·
$2.21 / gallon here in Charleston this morning. Has already been $2.56 but has went dback down in the last 6 or 8 weeks.

If it reaches $5.00 a gallon...........It's 8 miles to work....Hmmmm.....May be riding the Rincon to work instead of driving my rig with the 35's. Only gets 13 mpg in the city.

#14 ·
we are at 104.9 here in the yukon. And that is regular shit. Its like 109.9 for the good stuff.

Gas prices expected to fall this month

By Barbara Hagenbaugh, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — Gasoline prices are expected to continue to fall this month as decreased demand, greater focus on healthy supply levels and a decline in oil prices are leading to lower prices at the pump, the government said Wednesday.
Still, gas prices are expected to be higher than they were a year ago, when the summer driving season unofficially kicks off Memorial Day weekend, the Energy Department said in a weekly report.
"Retail gasoline prices are likely to fall during May," the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration said. "While such a decline will be a welcome relief for gasoline consumers, the outlook remains mostly cloudy, as retail prices are still expected to remain well above last summer's level."
The average price of gasoline has fallen for three consecutive weeks. On Monday, unleaded gasoline averaged $2.235 a gallon, down 4.5 cents from the record high, not adjusted for inflation, hit three weeks ago. But gas prices were still up more than 39 cents, or 21%, from the same time a year ago, according to the Energy Department.
Government analysts said several factors are behind the expected continued price decline:
•Demand. High gasoline prices appear to be dampening demand. Car companies this week reported a softening appetite for large SUVs while more fuel-efficient cars continued to gain in popularity. Sales of Toyota's gas-electric Prius hybrids were up more than 200% in April from a year ago, the car company said.
The American Petroleum Institute estimates gasoline demand is down a half-percent to 1% from a year ago, chief economist John Felmy says. He notes demand was particularly elevated this time last year, making the decline that much more significant.
Steph and Andy Vuong of Arlington, Va., have seen their gas mileage double since they traded in their 1999 Nissan Maxima V-6 for a Honda Civic hybrid at the end of March.
"The hybrid made a lot of sense with gas prices what they were," says Andy, 24, a consultant.
•Supply. As temperatures rise and the snow melts, energy traders are shifting their focus from the low levels of heating oil supplies that persisted through the winter to the high levels of gasoline inventories. That has led to a reduction in prices at the wholesale level. Gasoline inventories at the end of last week were up 4.7% from the same time a year ago, according to the Energy Department.
•Oil. The price of oil accounts for nearly half the cost of gasoline. Oil prices have fallen 12% since hitting a record $57.27 a barrel on April 1. That has helped lead to a decline in gasoline prices.
Increased focus on high oil inventories is partly responsible for the decline in oil prices. As of Friday, oil supplies were the highest in more than three years, according to the Energy Department.

#15 ·
Motorcycles August 24 , 2004
Photo Gallery >>

Honda Develops Hybrid Scooter Prototype

August 24, 2004—Honda has developed a 50cc hybrid scooter prototype that offers reduced emissions, exceptional fuel economy, and ample storage space. Employing both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, the new prototype takes Honda one step closer to a mass-market hybrid scooter.

The new prototype features an alternating current generator (ACG) with an idle stop function and the Honda PGM-FI electronic fuel injection system. In addition to an electronically controlled belt converter and a range of Honda environmental technologies, the new scooter features a dual series and parallel hybrid powertrain with a direct rear-wheel drive electric motor. Thanks to a compact power system and a rechargeable nickel hydrogen battery located under the front cowl, the hybrid scooter is about the same size as the Dio Z4, a standard-size 50cc scooter, and is only 10 kg heavier.

The hybrid scooter’s internal combustion engine and direct rear-wheel-drive electric motor function in two distinct modes. In series mode, when riding on flat ground and when high output is not required, the engine alone powers the electric motor. In parallel mode, used during acceleration and when high output is required, the electric motor assists the engine. In parallel mode, an electronically controlled belt converter automatically selects the optimum assist ratio.

To make the most efficient use of energy, the hybrid system charges the battery during deceleration and whenever possible and utilizes this power when higher output is required. In addition, the scooter enters idle stop mode, when the scooter is stopped, and whenever power is not needed, during deceleration. These advanced features allow the hybrid scooter to achieve 1.6 times the fuel economy of the Dio Z4 (when riding on flat ground at 30 km/h) and to produce 37% less carbon dioxide.

I could see MUDCHUCKER on this with a case of beer...in the bush.....huntin deer. lol

#18 ·
We pay less here in LA becasue we have a bunch of refineries in the state. We also don't have to use any of the umpteen special blends required in some of the big cities. We can get 93 octane here(need it for the truck after reprogramming computer), I know alot of areas can't. Just a few reasons why I love living in the SOUTH. We also have a lot of mud and most of the GUNS.

#22 ·
yo Jay...that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this site yet. Are you admitting you think the U.S is killing people for oil? absolutly pathetic............

#24 ·
It was a joke NO-FEAR;
A fact that obviously was not lost on Mudchucker. Try the decaf man, yer a little jumpy.

Now for a little history lesson NO-FEAR.
1. Iraq invaded Kuwait.
2. The U.N.,along with the U.S. made him go home, at the request of Kuwait I might add.
3. As a way to stop the invading forces from really wiping their country's behinds, Iraq AGREED to certain terms. One of those terms was allowing weapons inspectors access to their stuff.
4. Iraq did not do the things that they AGREED to do, and the U.N. lacked the testicles to enforce their own AGREED TO terms.
5. America elected a man with testicles
6. Said man gave notice to the Iraqi government that if Iraq did not do all that it had AGREED to do, the U.S. would come over there and explain those U.N. sanctions a little more clearly.
7. Iraq called the bluff of a man who was not bluffing.

And that my friend is why the Iraqi's are now having those horrible elections they have had to endure. Bummer huh?

You need to stop watching CNN so much. They hate the United States.

#25 ·
That Jay, about wraps it up, good job. Oh and, I never watch the Clinton News Network.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.