Honda Rincon Forum banner

ATV rules in Manitoba

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  martin 
#1 ·
I saw a thread indicating I can drive on either shoulder or even the roadways in Ont.....but what about Manitoba....anybody know...Thanks

#2 ·
you can get a copy of the off road vehicle act online...

http://www.canlii.org/mb/laws/sta/o-31/20051019/whole.html

its all realy quite grey but this is the basic tidbit...

When your in the city of Winnipeg so long as you have a beacon, a slow moving triangle and a plow, you can drive down Pembina.. you cant cannot exceed 30 KMPH.

as you move out beyond the permimeter hwy the laws get more and more grey... if you read the act, you'll find that each individual RM is able to make changes to it to suit their needs, St. Malo allows you to ride anywhere you like, Altona will nuke you if you try and drive through town... and here in Niverville, who kn for sure... I ride around town alot, but have never seen a policeman.. I do drive by the local RCMP officers house often tho...

are you new to ATV'ing ?

#3 ·
oooooooooooouch....got a headache trying to read that...I'm in Charleswood....I suspect the local gendarmes will get excited if I cruise down Rannock...I don't have a plow but could swing a slow moving vehicle sign from Princess Auto...I need a beacon too huh!.............damn............thanks

#5 ·
oh... Charleswood... well, your fuxxord... you'll be lucky if your neighbours dont call the police when start the machine up to load it on the trailer in the mornings...
are you new to ATV'ing ? if you want to go riding PM me... there are 1000's of miles of trails within 2 hours of you... Sand dunes at Portage La Prairie, (if you click the link in my signature I have some photos taken there) Sandilands is awsome and Sedons corner is my favourite place...I play at the flood way quite a bit when I just want to get mucky... and I ride around Niverville when there is nothing else to do...

#6 ·
Merry xmas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.