Honda Rincon Forum banner

Any Canadian Camo units peeling?

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  comtnman 
#1 ·
Have any of you guys in Canada, who have 06 camo rinnys experienced any peeling of the camo?

Hot Wings

#4 ·
I am new to this sight and just read this thread ,is this a big problem and is honda doing anything about it?I wanted the camo and was a little leary of getting it because a few of my friends bought polaris camo sportsmans and they pealed ,I mentioned this to the dealer and he said there is no worry of that happening because it was integrated right into the plastic,I wish I would of seen this thread before I bought the camo and would of went with red instead ,just my luck.

#5 ·
I talked to my dealer and he said if there was a problem, they would be happy to turn in a warranty claim. The dealer loves to do warranty service because it is major clear profit. I figure if it peels in the next four years, which if it is a problem it will, Honda should have better replacement camo by then. You guys shouldnt sweat this issue, we are talking about honda here. I am sure they will stand behind it with any reputable dealership. Correct me if I am wrong

#6 ·
The big deal is Honda uses polyethylene plastic and it is a lot like Teflon... nothing sticks to it very well and it's almost impossible to paint.

It's also very resiliant to fading and damage.

Molding a camo pattern into the plastic is possible, but you'd be paying $1500 for a fender, so everyone uses a "wallpaper" film to make camo parts.

Fortuntately, they also make "camo" duct tape to cover the peeled spots..

:)

#7 ·
From ALL the research I have done on this issue (and according to Honda Canada)there have only been a few isolated incidents. The reason is, as I have been told by Honda was that when the camo was applied to one select batch of plastic it was moved from one building to another without the proper cure time! My camo has been awsome so far and seems extremely durable. I have peeled off dealership stickers from my quad that seemed like they were cemented on and it didn't affect my camo what so ever. I have also had to remove and replace my Honda wing decal on the tank and it came off with no damage to the camo underneath. I was leary at first but now am very happy and would recomend the camo to anyone! Hope this helps!!!

Hot Wings.

#8 ·
I have over 500 kms. on my camo and it seems to be holding up good ,have done a fair bit of mud riding and lots of bush riding and the black plastic fender flares are scrathed up quite bad from trees and branches,but I haven't seen a mark on the camo I know the scratches are there but the camo seems to wear it well,almost didn't want to post this because I don't want to jinx myself,because with my luck it will now start to peel like a banana,but so far so good ,keeping my fingers crossed.

#10 ·
atv tech ,the rincon is the most fun atv I have had to date ,it is like having a sport quad ,plus I use it for working as well ,I was a little worried that it wasn't going to be a very good worker but it seems to do fine, I have been pulling a 4x8 utility trailer full of green hardwood from the front of my property where I cut it to the back where I pile it and it seems to pull it as well as my poo with low range did,so I am happy with that,because that is about as hard as i will ever work it,I love riding it on the fire roads the best the thing really carves the turns,I switched with my brother who still rides a polaris last weekend on a really fast fire access road it is about 10 miles long and he is normally a casual rider not an aggressive rider at all ,he took off and I was unable to keep up with him on the poo ,when we got to the end of the road he couldn't say enough about how well it handled and the easy steering and ride stability when hitting the ruts at speed ,he realizes now as do I that honda has stepped up to the plate and have an atv that rides good and handles,a lot of people including many of my riding friends are still in the dark about this and think all hondas are reliable but have no ride quality,it is not that good in the mud but I knew that would be the case ,and like you said that can be remedied with an extra set of mudder tires mounted on seperate rims,but it is no biggie for me because I think I have matured a bit in the last few years and go around most of the mud holes,the power is decent ,now that it is broke in it will pull wheelies in 2nd gear from a standstill ,very fun,I am not to concerned with top speed (just bragging rights),yes the rinny is definetly a keeper.

#14 ·
Rincon

Welcome to the Rincon Riders Forum..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.