Honda Rincon Forum banner

No More Rincons for Canada!

6K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  cracker 
#1 ·
In speaking with my dealership last weekend, he told me that Honda Canada has told him that no more 06 Rincons will be coming north of the border this year! They will try to fill dealer orders but otherwise whatever is currently in showrooms is it for this year!

Hot Wings.

#4 ·
He could be but I've known him for years and he has nothing to gain by telling me this because he already has my money! Underdawg has a good post under Rincon General and "Anynore 06's being shipped" which definately backs this statement up! I guess only time will tell.

Hot Wings.

#6 ·
Has anyone heard anything more on availability in Canada?

I'm looking to buy one once more of the snow is gone, but they seem pretty scarce. My local dealer still hasn't gotten any '06s. I saw a single red one in Lethbridge a couple of weeks ago but I'd prefer camo.

#7 ·
When I was at my dealer buying my 2005, the sales person said they couldn't get any 2006's until august. There was only 3 sent to Nova Scotia and so far I belive only one has been sold.

#8 ·
Gads... it'll be snowing again in August!

My local guy has one of the "Canadian Trail" Rubicons (looks pretty decent) sitting there... wonder if I should just buy that one and trade it when they actually have some Rincons available?

It's all so complicated....

:)

#9 ·
I know a few dealerships in Canada that are waiting for 06's. I know there is a shortage......prolly just wanting to sell off the rest of the 05's they have. I am going to wait for an 2007...

#10 ·
Or something.

Biggest dealer in Calgary tells me they haven't seen an '06 yet and don't expect to this year. "Great deals" on '05s though.

I wonder if the no-low-gear and drum-brakes killed the '05 sales and they are restricting '06s to try to get rid of them?

'06 CTE Rubicon has the same front brakes as the '06 Ricon, right?

#13 ·
Oh, I'm going to buy one as soon as someone will sell me the Camo model.

Interesting that my local guy called yesterday (07 April) to tell me they had an '06 in stock and the guy in Calgary e-mailed me last week to tell me that they had a "major sale" on '05 Rincons starting on 08 April.

Sounds like "Official release date" to me.

Let's see if Canadian availability suddenly improves...

#15 ·
yes these 06 rincons seem to be hard to get ahold of especially the camo model,but with a little perserverance I was able to pick myself up a camo and I now have 6 hours on it and I really like it ,was well worth the hunt,the dealer that was close to me tryed to get one from other dealers but no one is giving them up and he said he woulddn't be able to get me one until august when the 07's come in ,so I had to phone around and found one about 90 miles away but it was well worth the drive ,these things are a lot of fun,I have owned 3 polaris's in the last 6 years and all of them were problematic ,so I am really looking forward to the honda reliability.

#16 ·
I don't see a need for low gear myself, but people around here seem to be obsessed with it. Guys say that the tires grip better if the tranny is holding the bike back rather than using brakes, but the physics behind that escapes me.

I'll take '06 for a spin and if I like it I'll try ordering the Camo model.

#18 ·
Wahoo!

Took long enough, but...

I now have a green 680 Rincon in my back yard!

No time to chat... must go wipe off the transport grime and pick off all the shipping plastic bits. Mebbe have a boo at the book of words.

Looks pretty... sounds like a lot more power than I had planned for.

Drive time so far: 60 feet on pavement and 20 on grass.

heeheeheeheeegigglegiggleheehee...!

:)

#19 ·
I have decided to buy a Rincon 2006 but guess I should have read this article first. I told the dealer I wanted to have the first 07 that gets delivered to my little hick town of Cold Lake Alberta. I promised him I would buy a Rincon and a 350 for my son if I get the first one. If not I will take a drive to Edmonton or Calgary and see who can give me a good price on 2. Has anybody heard of a release date for Canada? I even like rumors.

Cheers

#21 ·
Neil welcome to the Rincon Riders forum.

I can't give you an answer to your question, but I am sure one of our esteemed members will be along with an answer soon.

Don't be shy post often, and invite all of your Rincon riding friends to join also..

#22 ·
My brother works for a Honda dealer in California. They are expecting the 07 models to start arriving in late September. Can't say about Canada though. What is the cost if you buy one in the states and bring it into Canada? He also told me that all the bikes or quads they get that are damaged in shipping are repaired and billed to the shipper. All the shippers here have insurance for this. When I bought mine the Auto\ESP switch was broke due to shipping and was replaced without problem.

#23 ·
Neil welcome to this fantastic site. You can get just about any kind of information from these fellow riders, and as much bull shit as you can handle. Wouldnt have it any other way. I see that you are retired. Thats all we need is ANOTHER OLD FART. LOL

#26 ·
Welcome to the party Neil!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.