Honda Rincon Forum banner

Extended warranty for used Rincon?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  rustysdream 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased extended warranty (Canadian) for a used Rincon?
I would like to get informations.
Thank you in advance.

#3 ·
I got the extended warenty on mine when it was new and it was a waste of money for me I have never had a problem. I am thinking that if it is a used rinny it should be fine. If it is an 03 the water pump would have gone already or the o rings would have been shot too so they would have been replaced. Ask the owner if he knows nothing about these problems then he got a good one like I did and you should be fine. If it is an 04 and up things have been worked out already. But on the other hand if it gives youpeace of mind then get it.

Later
Phil

#4 ·
Mine will be up in July and so far I only used it to repair the stainless steel bolt I broke on the exhaust pipe for the flash surpressor. If you plan on adding mods like snorks or biggers tires then it may not be worth the extra money. At one time I thought it added resale value to it but after talking with several dealers I found this to be untrue.

#5 ·
Do dealers even offer that ? Doesn't seem like something they would want to do on a used machine. Maybe Zampinator could enlighten us.

#7 ·
Thank you for your answers.
I just brought home the Rincon last Saturday. It's a 2005 model. The dealer sells the bikes AS IS, does not offer any warranty so I thought I had to buy it somewhere.
The good thing is that this quad is almost brand new with only 81 miles on it. I think any insurance company (or whoever sells extended warranty) should jump on it because it's in such a good condition.

#9 ·
Oilcan,

I bought 2 year extended warranty on my used Bombardier (actually, the quad is still covered). It was a 2003 model with 1300 miles on it. However, the warranty was VERY expensive. I don't think I would go back to the same company. That's why I'm hoping someone here can help.

#12 ·
Rustydream, have you purchased from Northern car company, this is where I bought my new '07 680. If so my question is apparently since these bikes are from the US we cannot get waranty.

I never looked into it, just woundering if there is any truth to it.

Good luck with the new toy, I love mine so far.

#13 ·
Yes, Northern Car Company. :)
Great place to by a Honda. I also love mine.
Yeah, I guess it would be pretty much impossible to buy extended warranty for these US bikes. Hey, I'll just be more careful. Insurance will cover a bunch of things but hopefully I never have to use it. I baby my Rincon anyway...
Good luck with your Rincon too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.