Honda Rincon Forum banner

03 rincon 650 will not go into gear

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Hunter Padgett 
#1 ·
hello everyone I am new to this so bear with me, I recently purchased a 2003 Honda Rincon 650 , the motor ran fine the only issue is that it doesn't go into gear. I took off the front of the engine case and could immediately see that the oil pump chain was off of the sprocket and synched , so I replaced that , put all back together and still would not go into gear , so I then went into the transmission and could see that it was off by a tooth on the shifter teeth and would not go fully into forward gear, moved it one tooth and now with engine not running it will go fully into gear. so I then proceeded to put her together again and now it will grind and turn the wheels a little bit when put into high or reverse , but still will not go fully into gear. the esp does not work and it idled pretty high . I got the idle turned quite low and still same problem. if anyone has any suggestions on this problem they would be greatly appreciated . I need help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.