Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading the posts and it seems honda has had trouble with the oil and water pumps.i was just wondering what you guys think about this issue.i have 600 miles on mine(all stock)03 model and havent had any problems yet. should i be concerned or be watching for something? is this just an issue on a small number of bikes? i just dont want to get stuck out in the trails for something i should have checked or had repaired.i know this has been discussed alot hope yall dont mind.thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have also had no problems with mine.
Perhaps it is only a few made on Monday and Friday LOL.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought mine in late '02 and have had no major problems. Just over 1000 miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
750 miles on mine with no problems to report

·
Registered
151 Posts
500 miles and only had trouble with water in the ECU.... Or was it the computer on the handle bars... anyway it would not shift and blinked --....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. good to hear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
700 miles, only problem was the water pump early on. Runs great & no further probs!

·
Registered
4 Posts
600+ miles no issues that are major. I just posted a question about the green light for 4x4 or 4x2 on this section. If anyone has insight to my post, please let me know. I do have the stalling issue when I am in a tight spot and I hit the gas hard or quick, but it seems that if you play around with the jetting you may have a lean or too rich running machine. I think I will deal with the stalling problem and not mess with the carb. My quad is pretty much stock except for the items listed in my profile. My Honda extended warranty will be running out at the end of Dec.04, I will have it serviced and have it looked over by my dealer before the plan expires.

highcapglock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts