Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's bike runs great but doesnet move. We have removes the front case and fiund oil chain has lots of play and the O rings have flat spots. I have pulled the oil pump apart appears to be ok. I plan on changing the O ring in the pump as well. I want to inspect the clutches but can't get it off the bike any tricks or special puller needed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Low/1st is the only 1 you can get to without splitting the cases. Did you remove the Tourqe converter? If so, plates are right there

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son's bike runs great but doesnet move. We have removes the front case and fiund oil chain has lots of play and the O rings have flat spots. I have pulled the oil pump apart appears to be ok. I plan on changing the O ring in the pump as well. I want to inspect the clutches but can't get it off the bike any tricks or special puller needed.

Thanks in advance.
My 2007 Rincon has the same failure. The engine runs great, but it slips in all 3 gears. The oil pressure is 65 psi at idle. This problem showed up right after I pulled a trail mower. Cause is unknown as yet. I will follow up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Low/1st is the only 1 you can get to without splitting the cases. Did you remove the Tourqe converter? If so, plates are right there

Yes torque converter is off and I was able to get the clutch off and inspected the plates and friction materials. They are worn but not completely worn down. I have order a new oil chain all of the clutch plates and all of the O rings. I will put it all back together and see what happens. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Great time to swap cam chain, I know its $50 but worth it while in there

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sounds like it is bad... one of the 2 most costly single parts in the con!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts