Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought bike would go in gear & run fine ,park up 15-20 min would go in gear but not go anywhere , replaced oil pump & chain , now wont move at all ,but will jump when put in gear f & r checked oil pressure none , replaced with new oil pump still no pressure at test ports, new o rings both times and checked pressure releif valve , swaped solinoid setup from another rincon still nothing

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
make sure your using correct oil and make sure its filled to the correct level for starters. Then check the linkage for the shifter.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
X-2 with what yellowcj said. Do not screw in dip-stick. Fill just above full mark. Use oil for wet cluch use. When checking pressure , 3 ports on left side of engine for 1st,2st and 3rd gear clutch. On right side of engine 1main port. 114 PSI at 5000 RPMs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
LEVEL CHECK NOTE: • Check the oil level after starting the engine and allowing the oil 10 circulate through the engintl thoroughly. It is especially important on a dry sump engine, due to the comparatively large vol ume of oil, • Do not snap the throttle while idling or the oil level reading will be inaccurate Place the vehicle on level ground. Start the engine and let it idle for 3 - 5 minutes. If the air temperature is below to C {50 Fl. let the enqine idle for an additional 5 minutes (a total of to minutes). Stop the engine, wait for 2 - 3 minutes, and remove the dipstick and wipe it clean. Check the oil level by inserting the dipstick into the engine without screwing it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RECOMMENDED ENGINE Oil: Pro Honda GN4 or HP4lwithout molybdenum additivesl 4·stroke oil (U.S.A. and Canada). or Hond a 4-strokeoillCanada on ly),or an equivalent m otorcycle oil API service classification: SG or higher [except oils labeled as energy conserving on the circular API service label] JASO T 903 standard: MA Viscosity; SAE 10W·40. 5W-3

·
Registered
33 Posts
OIL PRESSURE CHECK Start the engine and check the oil pressure. OIL PRESSURE (80'C/176'F): 785 kPa (114 psi) at 5,000 rpm (min" ) Check the oil level and add the recommended oil if necessary (page 4-10). Also, warm the engine to normal operating temperature and check for external leaks. Remove the oil gallery sealing bolt and washer on the left side of the front crankcase cover. NOTE • Clean around the sealing bolt with compressed air before removing the bole, and be sure that no dirt enters the oil gallery. Connect an oil pressure gauge and adapter to the oil gallery hole. Stop the engine and remove the oil pressure gauge and hose. Install the sealing bolt with a new sealing washer and tighten the bolt securely. STart the engine and make sure there are no oil leaks.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I went to Synthetic Oil at my first oil change. It is in my opinion a better oil to use than conventional oil. It is slippery and protects things like the cam better. Again just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey Harley dog, I was under the impression that straight synthetic oil would have a negative effect on the Rincons clutches, too slippery.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I use Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40. It has a JASO MA rating which is just fine for the Rincon and all other ATV and Motorcycles with a wet clutch.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Never doubted for a second that you done your homework before you decided to use it. I used synthetic in my differentials and glad you pointed that out to me for the engine. thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you ever find the solution to your issue? I have an 07 doing the same thing. oil pump chain is good, O-rings are good, oil level is at the correct level. not sure what oil was in it when I bought it but I changed it with a new oil filter to the Shell Rotella T6 5W40 like so many Rincon owners recommend.

0psi oil pressure at the main port cold or after a 5 minute warm up.
shifts into gear like it wants to go but revs up and no movement.
has anyone ever had an issue with the sump screen clogging up, if so how was you able to clean it without removing the motor and splitting the case in half to get to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts