Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 15 2013 the state of New Hampshire will open its new connector trails in Coos County. This will join many previously unconnected trails together. The mileage total will be over 1000. Several towns have opened roads for "Ride to Services" convenience. There are new clubs forming and even more miles will be added in the near future. This should make NH a true destination for any ATVer! Look out Hatfield-McCoy, New Hampshire is on a roll!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Thats what I like with Wisconsin. I can ride from one side of the state to the other. Nice to see other states do that. Congrats formguy. Happy riding.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What are New Hampshire's trails like? Are they ATV wide trails through the woods or are they just joint use dirt roads? We've been to Tug Hill NY and wasn't impressed. They were almost all dirt roads with a few paved roads and a few trails in the woods. It was cool to put miles on, but got boring. That's why Hatfield McCoy rules. They are mostly atv wide trails in the woods with a good variety of terrain. Rocks to mud, smooth to rough, and fast to technical.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree it is hard to top Hatfield. Would love to explore the west someday, too bad its so far from me. Were headed to Hatfield in May for 4 days, probably one more trip next year and well have seen just about everything there is to see down there. Would be great to be able to check out some other places, Ive been eye balling our Canadian brothers to the north it looks like theyve got some phenominal stuff up there as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are New Hampshire's trails like? Are they ATV wide trails through the woods or are they just joint use dirt roads? We've been to Tug Hill NY and wasn't impressed. They were almost all dirt roads with a few paved roads and a few trails in the woods. It was cool to put miles on, but got boring. That's why Hatfield McCoy rules. They are mostly atv wide trails in the woods with a good variety of terrain. Rocks to mud, smooth to rough, and fast to technical.
New Hampshires trails vary a lot. The State owned connectors will be smooth and done to "Best Trails" rules, but the club trails they connect go from boring to wild. I will say there is quite a bit of rock crawling, but not a ton of mud. With the tree hugging weirdos New England has, we try to keep them dry. Every river crossing is a "wetlands violation" in their eyes. Bridges are cheaper than lawsuits and re-routes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts