Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I went for the 1st service and now my rig is stalling all the time. It stalled maybe twice in the first 20 hours. The dealer says it's probably the TPS (throttle position sensor) needs to be reset. Can I do this on my own? The dealer is 30 minutes away and I'm too busy to drop during the week and leave it for an hour or so. Just looking for a clue as always and you're advice is always appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
While the TPS could be the problem (I doubt it), there are a lot of other variables that could play into it as well. Other common problem areas are the idle set screw and the air/fuel mixture screw. If you're not used to making carburetor adjustments, I would recommend you take it back to them. Just make sure you show them how to make it stall, so they can actually get rid of this problem.

As to resetting the TPS, yes it can be done at home but you should purchase the shop manual for the directions as it's a multi-step process.

My suggestion, take it back and buy a manual while you are there.

Good luck,
Lizard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lucked out and my brother is going to run it by for me. Thanks for the advice Lizard, I'll take you up on it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts