Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking everywhere for the 2" tip for the rincon but can't find it. I remember someone saying something about them being on e-bay but I'm still not able to find it can someone point me in the right direction for this.

thanks.....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Just go to e-bay motors and enter honda rincon in the search bar,that should do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There isn't one currently listed on Ebay. If you go to "completed listings" though, you can see what it looks like, possibly even contact them if you are interested. I have one and added a spark arrestor. Adds a nice sound but not too loud.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
04rinconman, i just e-mailed the person selling the 2" exhaust tip,and they had actually forgot to list the tips ,so she just put 2 more up,i know that for a fact because i just bought one of them.Sooo their you go

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Topgun, what did you do to add the arrester? where did you get it at?I would like to add an arrester to mine. thanks in advance........bigjohn

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got mine at Dennis Kirk, #448710, $13.99. It is made by Pro Moto Billet and is a perfect fit. Someone on here in a previous post was the one to find this. The whole total $ you end up with in the tip is kinda high but the sound is good and you don't have any pipe fitment or heat issues.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp;jsessionid=PDVZUIODJ3BFBLA0WTKSM4VMDK0NKIV0?catId=109&leafCatId=10903&skuId=448710

Here is a picture of the spark arrestor. It is the cone shaped screen in the top right picture: http://www.promotobillet.com/spark_arrestors.htm

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks Topgun, I'll order it tommorrow,I appreciate the help......Bigjohn

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if I installed one of these tips would I have to rejet? I would also install the spark arrestor that Topgun has. No other engine mods, just the tip. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
No,you shouldn't have to rejet as long as you dont add a k&n or a uni air filter,just check your plug color after a good run,mine looked fine after the tip install.............Bigjohn

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Thanks bigjohn, I will probably get one soon then.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Price drop on the 2" tips. Currently listed on e-bay for $29.99 plus shipping. Mine just came in the mail. I will install it tonight. Can't wait to hear that deeper tone everyone has described in previous posts. I am running the DJ #144 jet with a K&N air filter. I will check the plug after a good run and see if I need to re-jet... 'eBay Rincon Exhaust Tip

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
The rincon sounds much better with this quick and easy mod. The first thing I noticed, that no one seems to have mentioned, was that it hit the rev-limiter hard and about 3-4 miles per hour eariler in first gear, compared to the stock end cap. Runing wide open from a dead stop. So it will make your engine turn more RPM's quicker. My initial test ride was with the stock tires back on as well. Can't wait to go for a long ride this weekend.. Sounds great though! A good low cost mod.

·
Registered
807 Posts
pay attention to your overheat light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen two different types on ebay.

This one seems to be the one that Guitars ordered.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43978&item=2484592651&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Anyone here have this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43978&item=2484592651&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I think the second one looks better but I'm curious to see if the spark arrestor Topgun mentioned will work the same. I just ordered a jet kit and air filter, so next will be a tip. Leaning towards the second.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The spark arrestor should work with either one. The thin metal ring on it actually gets pinched between your tip and the muffler. I'll see if I can dig up a picture but basically it is a coned shaped screen with a flange on it. The cone fits tightly into the hole in the muffler and the flange is what gets pinched under the new tip.

·
Registered
576 Posts
SXflyer;
would the Rincon be running lean and therefore heat up? Is that what you mean by watch the heat light? Would adding the K&N filter on top of this exhaust tip make jetting changes mandatory, or is the Rincon running pretty rich from the factory anyway?

Check out this pic. It's my wife circa 1991 on my first Harley; a 1973 FLH. Nice wife, and nice Harley. I kept her, but sold the bike.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Jay
YOu got it. with the tip & the K&N you get more air. Then you need more go juice. lean's not good. Be careful. BTW I like the bike. I had the bikes and the wives too. I kept the bikes.

·
Registered
807 Posts
He who dies with the most toys.........wins!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts