Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 2" tip that I got off E-Bay yesterday, but haven't put it on yet. The guy was very fast and the product was just as described...a 2" SS tip. As received, it was pretty rough. Just a standard 2" sanitary tubing stainless elbow, TIG'ed to a piece of round 16ga sheet, all type 304. It was welded from the backside, which left little grapes or boogers on the outside, where they would be visible. I would have preferred to have it welded on the OUTSIDE, but this would take more time and filler rod, than just a simple fusion weld on the inside. It just didn't look "Finished". I took a small die grinder with a thin wheel and ground off the "Boogers" then hit it on my polishing wheel. It now looks really nice with a full buff job. I like the look of polished stainless, and except for perhaps "Bluing out" from heat, it should stay that way. If I get a chance I will post a photo of the finished product.

·
Registered
800 Posts
just rember to soke the 8mm bolts real good with some wd40 befor you try to take them off. and go easy on the wrench

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I had the stock tip off last week and reinstalled it with liberal amounts of Never-Sieze. It should come right off...

·
Registered
800 Posts
i never thought of polisheing the tip, photos man we need photos lol,

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
I got the 2" aluminum one ordered..will post pics once I receive it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post a photo of the polished tip tonight..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics of the polished tip

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A comparison stock vs 2"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My poor working conditions

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My ugly ass on my place So. Utah

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Nice job on the polish ! Let's us know if it made any difference to your rinny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HOLY SH*T! Everything I do to this thing just makes it better. With the tip it is slightly louder, but with a much deeper, throaty...Macho sound. I don't like loud...and this is not too loud. Acceleration, MUCH stronger and it is not just the sound making you think you are going faster, it pulls harder, the RPM just climb faster. You can't make the comparison by just taking off the old tip and trying it. That sounds shitty loud and the tone is just as bad. I bought the Kirk spark arrester but didn't put it in...and may not. It look like it would restrict almost as bad as stock, it is very small in surface area. This friggn' Rincon has TONS of un-tapped power. I bet Honda has a race version in some R&D lab just waiting to blow the doors off the competition.

·
Registered
800 Posts
wow that tip looks great, if i had your so called poor working shop i would be taking the rinny apart and polisheing every part lol. thats a nice shop and you did a nice job on the tip. do you expect it to stay like that once the tip gets heated up?keep us posted on how the shine holds up because it looks great so great i might have to do it to mine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice polishing job...I made mine but it doesn't look nearly that nice. How's that CR500 treat you? I've got one that's been trying to kill me since the day it was new. ~Ross

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"How's that CR500 treat you? I've got one that's been trying to kill me since the day it was new..."

That (1991) 500 still kicks ass. My son rides it now I have the Rincon. It has a wide ratio transmission and a weighted flywheel and lots of suspension work, but the motor is just stock. With the WRT it is a 100 MPH dirtbike, but will creep still through the technical stuff. I rode her for 10 years and never got hurt (not too bad). In its first 6 months it drew blood on the first two owners, big time. One almost lost a leg hitting a steel stake in the ground and the other guy busted a arm (compound fracture) with the friggn' bone sticking out. All my friends thought it was jinxed. It is just like climbing on a wild pony, you better give it LOTS of respect. This BS about Honda worring about libality cracks me up (derating the Rincon) one look at the motocrossers they sell and I wonder why we have to beg and borrow to get serious HP from the four-wheelers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts