Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres alot of posts about no shifting, but i just cant seem 1 that adresses my problem. I can crank my 4wheeler easy. starts up at the touch of the button it seems like. ive had my battery tested and its good and charged. i have had my angle sensor changed and when i put knew 1 on it seems my problem got worse. it will upshift but not down shift before and now it rarely upshifts... i put my old angle sensor on and it still rarely upshifts. when it does decide it wants to upshift.. it let u upshift til 5th gear... if u downshift it with the emergency tool it will not allow u to upshift it with the electric shift. so i can really use some help please i ned to know if i should be looking at speed sensor wire harness.. shift motor or even the buttons... any suggestions? before i go spend 5000 to fix all of it and my last part i change is the problem..

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
"I know theres alot of posts about no shifting, but i just cant seem 1 that adresses my problem."

Nothing like that on here, the Honda Matic 3 speed which is in the Rincon is much different . You might want to try a Foreman site for this kind of specific issue...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ask your question on www.hondaforeman.com. Rich450es can probably help you.

If it were me I'd ditch the ES crap and convert it to a footshift. I've never understood the idea of using buttons, switches, sensors, and an electric motor to do something that can easily be done with a twitch of my foot. I understand the Auto bikes that don't require shifting at all, but the ES models just make zero sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty i just posted there... i seen t his which was foreman/rubicon didnt go looking for a strictly foreman site... and as much as id like to have a foot shift i picked this bike up for cheap.... i will eventually trade for a foot shift bike once i have it going good again

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The only problem with a foot shift on the four wheeler is that if you like doing a lot of mudding the foot well fills up with mud makes it difficult to shift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts