Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new carb off amazon and put jets from a rebuild kit in it to replace the Chinese ones. It won’t rev up without pooping and sputtering so I can’t set the idle while I adjust the A/F screw and even when I do adjust with the idle set as high as it can go it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Buy a Honda OEM carb. $275.00
I have the same year Rincon. 4600 miles. Just put a OEM carb on it recently. Changed the main jet to a 148 because I'm at 9200 feet.
Runs, starts great.

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
Buy a Honda OEM carb. $275.00
I have the same year Rincon. 4600 miles. Just put a OEM carb on it recently. Changed the main jet to a 148 because I'm at 9200 feet.
Runs, starts great.
Regarding swapping a carb. Early on I did the jets and spring. That was the only time I was ever inside the carbulator. My carbintator has sat on my motor for 17 years, without a hitch. I do not turn the gas off, just add a can of seafoam every couple tanks. It had a top end rebuild a couple years ago, and I never touched the carbinator. I run 85/87 octane fuel from Irving oil. It must be your gas, carrying dirt, and who knows what else, as I have heard of rubber hoses rotting, diaphragms collapsing, and all matter of self induced failures from trying to make an ATV float in mud and water. I have over 35000 kilometers on it, and NO fuel pump!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts