Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I bought my first bike, a 2003 Honda Rincon 650 a couple weeks ago and drove it without problem for a good couple of trips. About 2 weeks ago I was out plowing the snow and afterwards I pulled into the garage to change the spark plug and put a new choke cable on. After this I tried to start the bike and my nightmare begins. Each time I try to start the bike it moans and groans. I got a new spark plug cap because the old one fell apart when removing it and ensured it was getting spark by visually testing it. I took the battery out tested it, reseated it, and tried jumping it: nothing. Now, after having my dad pull start it he noticed the starting noise is still there and will not start the bike. The starter is the source of the vibration he believes and I feel the same way now too. If this could be the issue I am not entirely sure, but this is where I stand after a long evening in the garage checking wires and pondering what else it could be.

·
Super Moderator
6,667 Posts
If your going to ponder..., try using the flow chart in the service manual. Since you messed with the spark plug and choke, I'd start there. The plug cap screws onto the coil wire, and is easily damaged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I have checked to ensure that it was connected and like I said there is spark coming from the plug. After that day I replaced the choke cable and plug I could start the bike every so often with struggle but now nothing but moaning and groaning a week later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it like a grinding noise? I had problems with my 09 and it was the flywheel bolts fell out and ruined the stator and locked it up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts