Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 03 that had the big red rd done and on the first ride the transmission locked up and won't move so he parked it and I'm picking it up for 1k. Any ideas on where to start?
This was his description when I asked was the engine good.

Perfect. Didn’t smoke nor no leaks. I wanted better gears. These bikes are famous for big red gr. I paid someone to do it. When I took it to the park to ride. It popped and started grinding. It still ran afterwards and I was able to put it in gear but it would make a grinding noise and doesn’t move. It’s been sitting for a while and doesn’t start. That’s why I think it’s a starter or tune up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had grinding when I started mine and it was the flywheel bolts that came loose and ground the stator apart and lock the motor up, mine is an 09 680

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sounds like it wasn't done properly. I would offer 700 unless its in excellent condition or has $500 in tires and wheels! Either way, I bet its a pretty easy fix.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it wasn't done properly. I would offer 700 unless its in excellent condition or has $500 in tires and wheels! Either way, I bet its a pretty easy fix.

He was asking close to 2500 and talked him down to 1k

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but what they are asking and what they are worth, lol.... I have bought, fixed and flipped a dozen cons. That would be my offer. That said, I still bet its a pretty east fix if you can do the work yourself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts