Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2004 Rincon yet 650 that needs some work for $400. I was told the rear end or diff has gone out. I dont much about rincon's. Is that a good bike and is it worth it? I want to get it to fix for my son. I have a grizzly 660 for myself and need something for my son. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For the rear end it can just be worn splines on the rear shafts. On mine I had a shaft wear the splines but the diff spline socket was ok.
Have a look at one of the online parts suppliers to get an idea of prices. A $400 dollar machine will likely need some bits replacing. Bearings bushes etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I know it'll need some work but I dont mind that. I live in a shop 😁. It was a diesel mechanic shop that my moms boyfriend inherited and the built a nice living area out of part of it. So I have plenty of room to work and lots of tools. I never want to live in a normal house again lol. I should be able to do most work besides machine work. Hopefully I can look at it tomorrow depending on the storm we have coming.

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
The rear drive shaft does wear, the splines on one end seem to disappear over time. Lack of lube is my guess. You can put the rear wheels in the air and spin them, they should spin together quietly if the diff is OK. Check the diff oil too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't checked the rear diff yet. I brought it home, cleaned it up, removed plastic, cleaned carb, and got it to start. For some reason the it won't start by the button. Maybe bad solenoid because I jumped the solenoid and started up fast. It is making a noise in the top end it seems. I just got the jug for my grizzly back so once its together and out the way I'll tear into this. So far I need one front axle and a speedometer for sure. I'll be going with the non gps meter because that price is nuts for the GPS 🤯.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it apart and the rear diff looks bad off. Has dirt and pieces of bearing inside. When looking for another diff does it have to come from a 650 rincon or will any others work? I'm gonna change the diff and driveshaft with the coupling. Any advise?

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
It would have to match the same gear set as the front diff to make both ends spin at the same rate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts