Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Rincon 650. It runs rough around mid throttle regardless of gear.
What I have done:
  • New Spark plug
  • Remove and cleaned carb.jets etc with cleaner and air
  • Verified the plenum or whatever it is called had no tears and was seated correctly
  • Reseated cables etc
  • When I pull out the choke when it is acting up, there is no change
  • Idles just fine
Suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
No change at all? Did it do this b4 you took the carb apart? I use this tool on Carbatater cleanings. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have added the "whole story first". It has done this since I purchased it last year. I cleaned the carb and it went away for a while. Maybe 50 miles or so and now it is back. Seems to be carb related. I use good clean fuel and have ran the injector cleaner through it. I purchase the cleaning tools so I will try that before I spend the money on a new carb. Thank you for the suggestion!

·
Super Moderator
6,718 Posts
There is a screen on the petcock. You may have trash in the tank that the screen missed and is now contaminating the small ports inside the carbinator (your 50 mile run) You can cut that fuel hose and put an inline filter as a temporary fix, but I would remove the petcock, drain and clean the tank, reassemble with a new inline filter after you reclean the carb. Remember to be gentle with the tool, you don't want to damage any of those ports/orifices. Forcing screws/nuts is not good, find another way to loosen and scrub. Use a good carb cleaner, or diesel and soak the bugger overnight. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts