Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new to me 2007 Rincon with 950 miles. Bike is in great shape and does not appear to have been abused or mudded much. Starts right up and runs good above 1/4 throttle. Below 1/4 throttle, it often stumbles and stalls. Sometimes at a bad time going over something or downhill. I cleaned the IACV and it appeared fine and functions as it should.
Made no difference in the stalling. Also, cleaned the airbox sensor and that seemed to help quite a bit but not completely solving the issue. Where should I look next. Seems like a great machine other than this issue. Not sure why Honda had to complicate their ATVs by going to fuel injection but I guess it is what it is. Any ideas however correct is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Are you burping the throttle (like riding a dirt bike) when going slow?

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Have you tried removing the air cleaner? Sprayed any cleaner into the throttle body / airway?

Checked valve timing? When it is running, do you hear any chain slap?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Holy shit MUDCHUCKER!! Haven't heard from you in EONS. I used to read you, OilCan, UltraTech, etc. on the forums back in the 2005-2010 days! Glad to see your still with us bro.

Reactions: MudChucker

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
And he probably can't get close to the ol hooch now there are kids.... Nice to see ya back Mr.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
How is the fuel filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts