Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built the motor then the torque converter whent bad so I replaced that and at the some time the oil pump I then replace d timing chain and oil pump chain I was putting it I timing and when I set it at t through the side of the casing the piston is at about 3/4 of the way to the top not all the way up and I tried it about 20 times and not once did the t mark go to the sight hole while the piston was at the top so I put it back together using g the t and not the piston and it back fack fired and wood not start then I tried it 180 and at t and nothing then I put the piston to top and made my own mark and I got nothing g then u did 180 out on that to and 1 mid fire I also had the f1 light blinking 9 times I took cair of that buy die electric grease all connectors and cleaning the filter in the pump after draining the tank if any one has ever heard of this happening I really dont want to have to pull the hole thing apart again

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I think you are looking at the wrong timing mark. It is a mark on the case not just through the inspection hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I line up the t that's in the little hole pretty much dead center it does not mater which way I go because the pistons still has 1.5 inches before it gets to the top

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
All I can think of is the hub has slipped on the shaft due to a sheared location key or you forgot to put it in.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Let us know what you find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts