Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I just got off the phone with Stan Lee @ Honda parts online. I was ready to buy the ATRs from ITP over the Bighorn Radials. I ride mostly trails but damnit when I come to a mudhole(wheel deep) or climb a few steep hills, I want to make it through! Stan said he has sold alot of both, but thinks the atrs are better for outwest/dry conditions and the mud lites are better for eastern trails/mud. He said he felt the mudlites handled almost as well as the radials. So, if anyone has opinions on either setup please let me know. I want to stay with 25" tires, want a smooth ride like the stockers and be able to get through the mud/climb out of a creek, or go over a few rocks. Thanks for this website & your responses.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The 26" Mudlites have more tread depth than the 25"s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bukeye,
I don't have them (yet) but Mudlites will be my next set. One of my riding friends has a 350 Rancher (stock) and before he bought his 25" Mudlites, he had trouble following me. But on our last ride, he went practically everywhere I did. The 25"ers are very close to stock, but for my money, I personally would go with something 26" or better for the deeper lugs which would last longer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mudlites are great tires. I run 27" in the winter, but for this summer I am going to try ITP/Carlisle Badland radials. It is the same tire that comes on the Sportsman. I was going to go with the ATR's but they have been out of stock for over 2 weeks and this is basically the same tire, also cheaper. Lugs are a little difference but same tire casing. You won't be disappointed with Mudlites. They are just too destructive for my yard in the summer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just find it hard to believe that a non-radial tire could perform as well all around as a radial.. Thanks for your input guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts