Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before if so I can't find it. Will 27 inch Blackwater XT's fit on my Rincon with out rubbing. Will there be a power loss?? I don't care much about the speed just the low end. By the way I will be using my stock rims. My bike is all stock also. Thanks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
You will have to trim the rear wheel mudguards on the front edges. The front tires will fit with no trimming. Actually you can forgo the trimming and the tires will do it for you, LOL. the fender brace will hit with 28"'s and you will need to bend and relocate. check my pics in profile.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure about the Blackwaters', but i have 27" Dirt Devils on mine with no mods. The fronts will rub the floorboard / fender brace if i hit a pretty good bump while turning hard. Needless to say, that does not happen very often. I think i have only done it twice since i put them on.

I think i remember HighLifter selling a modified brace that eliminates this rubbing by using different stock to get the brace closer to the fender well wall. Bad part about that is it is $100 give or take and it is HighLifter. Take that as you may...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have 27" mudzillas that did not need any mods, and I have never had them rub.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I had 27" Mudlites and the only thing that rubbed was when I hit a big bump and had the front wheels turned hard. No rubbing in back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been running 26" in outlaws and I don't have any rubbing except on the black plastic air shroud in the fender well, And i'm gonna trim'er.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about performance with the 27's?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It will take away from you performance, for me it was noticible, but not too terribly bad. It all depends on what you are looking to do with it. I don't need to go over 50mph very often so it was not a big deal for me. Like I said, it all depends on what you expect out of the machine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 27" Mudlites and I get very little rubbing on the rear. None on the front. I did loose some of the power. No more spinning the rears on take off with that much rubber.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have 28" 589's and they only rub on the back with me and my wife on it. i gues the extra 110 punds is enough to make them rub. I have never had the front rub though. Really couldnt tell you about the performance b/c i never drove it with the stock tires on it. had the dealer change them for free when it was brand new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts