Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know read the answer somewhere in this forum but today is the day I need the answer and I cannot locate it.
I received the Warn 3.0 and installed the plate and winch easily. The contactor "fitment" is left to user discretion. Can someone who has installed this share his mounting proceedure. Also the remote access placement. Where did you find it best to put that.
Thanks and sorry for posting a similiar thread. I was unable to locate it.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the re-direct. I will look into all those spots before I do the final install. Last night I was thinking of the storage compartment for the remote hookup. I think that works well also but will shorten the distance you can be from the machine....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i put mine under the seat on the left side where the tool pouch goes, need to cut out the plastic, worked real sweet! i would show you pics but i am at work and they r on the pc at home. will post them later when i get home, which will explain it a little easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont know if I would want it that close to the exhaust. I put mine just above the battery under the fender on the little flat vertical area opposite the fuse pannel. you have to drill holes in the plastic but I like it because you dont have live wires to wear on the frame rails.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't know if you like this Idea but I bought the ramsey and had to mount two little boxes. I mounted the solenoid on the outside of the glove box with the terminals up. This made all the connections real close and keeps the whole thing out of the mud. I mounted the wireless module on the other side inside the glovebox. If I could ever figure out how to post pics I would do it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I mounted mine on the back of the airbox.
Easy access and well clear of exhaust heat !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since the contactor is a small item, I was suprised to have trouble finding a good place to install it. I also considered the airbox, but decided to place it where the tool pouch resides under the seat, as shown. Not the most satisfying install (because of the hole required), but it did allow easy routing of the wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts