Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have comments for ya, I hope you're aware of the huge amount of stress this will cause on most of the steering and suspensions components. It will be a never-ending expense for maintenance and repairs! I will be a great mud machine but its a trade off. More clearance = More tipsy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I hear ya. that is exactly what I thought but had to ask. I am riding with a crew with 30" tires and am just thinking about another inch or two....
Thanks

·
Registered
775 Posts
The search for an inch or two will never end! Tell her that's all you have and that's all she gets!

·
Registered
151 Posts
If your main focus is going to be mud riding then there is nothing wrong with building the quad to suit your needs. If your looking for more of a mix, then just keep your 2 inch lift.

Otherwise throw a gear reduction in it, jack it up and put it in a deep mudhole. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally just got rid of the 6" gorilla lift and i loved it. there is some ups and downs to more ground clearance. there is a lot of added wear to bushings,bearings, ect. but when im the leader of our group i find that most of the people will not follow when you have trouble going thru something. if you are doing a lot of hill or slope climbing i wouldn;t recommend it cuz it will get tipsy on you. i am currently building a 12" lift since that is all i do is mudd and water riding thats the only reason i got rid of the 6" lift.

hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
12" lift

I have the bike at the shop now getting axels made and still have some nimor adjustments to make to the tie rods and al little toe in on the back right wheel to fix but nothing major... I am wanting to get into the lift kit building but right now with work and building a house its hard. this one took me almost 4 weeks off and on nut maybe a total of 35 to 40 hours with no help...

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's too funny! Do they not sell Jeeps Where your from?! Hey, if that's what you're into then you've built a kick ass machine! I couldn't fit through the trails here with that monster Dr. Hyde.

Have any vids of it in action?

·
Registered
14 Posts
down here most everyone has side by sides (stock and with lifts) so i have no worries about fitting thru trails. I am actually as wide as a stock side by side now but with 24"s of ground clearance. No i dont have any videos yet as i just recieved word that by bike is ready to be picked up today from having axels built. If i can get all the bugs worked out by tomorrow noon we are suppose to bo on a big ride. I will post some videos if i get a chance to go. Jeeps are not fun for me since i can not ride water wheelies...lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
We have a lot of side by sides here as well. The RZR is only 2" wider than a stock Rincon. Pretty impressive...

·
Registered
63 Posts
dang i wish i knew someone had a lift for sale around me. id be up for testing a lift out on my bike. who did your axles? turner?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Super ATV can no longer get the lift. I have yet to find a off the shelf lift for rincons. All we do is mud and water! I too would like a 6"+ lift. But not spending the dough for one!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had cobra build my axels. once i get all the bugs worked out i am going to try and specalize in honda lifts. i am going to try and make it affordable but of course still have to make a little money... i am thinking around $2500 to start depending on how big anyone would want to go.. all the lifts would be built would be custom only thing changing on price is the axles. of course the longer axles the bigger the lift the more money for them... and at that price that still saves over a grand above anyone else...I have two more lifts to make right now on top of building a house so its hard to find time.. but if anyone is intrested ill keep everyone posted as to when i could start a new project...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Why you gotta live in Tx? I could swap contracting labor for a lift???? Lol good luck... with both your indevors!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks... our group is suppose to be getting together for a ride this weekend and i will try and post some pics or try and get a video on you tube if possible....keep you posted......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts