Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello riders, I'm not sure is my title correct but I'll try to explain what's going on.
So basically I took Rincon out from garage engine is running I smoke ciggarete 5mins, outside is 2 Celsius. I start going and if I hit full throttle in 3rd gear I hit like 50mph and engine starts revving like i hit max speed that is 63mph. I noticed that happened in winter when engine really was cold, but it's been even at low speed like something was slipping - revving going up but quad not moving forward. But engine gets normal temperature everything seems fine. Is this a comming problem?

·
Super Moderator
6,667 Posts
Sounds like it's low on oil. Allowing the engine to warm up is correct procedure. When you say slipping in 3rd gear after engine is warm, could be the oil volume is low. Shut off warm motor, wait 2 minutes then check the dip stick (dont screw it in) just put it back in the hole and remove, the oil should be at the top mark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it's low on oil. Allowing the engine to warm up is correct procedure. When you say slipping in 3rd gear after engine is warm, could be the oil volume is low. Shut off warm motor, wait 2 minutes then check the dip stick (dont screw it in) just put it back in the hole and remove, the oil should be at the top mark.
But I change oil pretty often, I will check today but
Hey thanks for reply, I will do the check today. Btw 3rd gear I mentioned without any important reason. It's just I get this when I try to hit higher speed. In winter I felt that in 2nd gear I think, I hit throttle after corner and I felt the slipping. Ok will let u know the result about oil level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts