Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my Rinny and before i shoot it id like to see if any of you guys have had this problem before. I just recently started my rinny after letting it sit for 2 months outside. For some reason i dont have a rev limiter any more and after letting it warm up, it has absolutley no power. It shifts but its very very very slow. It bogs so bad and won even spin the wheels on wet pavement. I could Wheelie before. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
800 Posts
a few things come to mind you might try adding some fresh gas also bugs love to make there homes in places that can make your bike not run like in a vent tube or air box. a fresh spark plug might help to and clean your air filter even if it looks good just to rule it out.when i was younger had to leave my dirtbike outside covered up,found a nest of mice 1 day trying to live under my seat for the winter. so i know how you feel been there done that lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i put new gas in, cleaned the filter and carb. Im going to change the oil tomorrow. Any ideas on why the rev limiter doesnt work. Im thinking when i cleaned my carb, i got some carb cleaner in the TPS. I i'll check it out tomorrow. I wish i had a heater for my parents garage.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
well, back in the old days, what you are describing would have been a distributor/magneto or points problem... does any smoke come from the exhaust ?

wondering if you might have some varnish on your jets...try some new high grade pump gas... and maybe some carb cleaner...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no smoke. And all the jets look fine. I disconnected the tps and it runs the same. Its either 1 of 3 things, TPS, Wiring to the TPS or the ECU. With in the week im going to pull it in to the garage and work on it. The g/f got me a torpedo heater. WOO HOO!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts