Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it yet? I have the manual and looked it over. It doesn't appear to be easy to get at and check. Any helpfull advice on how to proceed?
Thanks,
Greg

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
It's not that hard except that the nuts holding the tie rods tight is 19mm and it's hard to get a wrench that big up in there to do the inner one.

Once you get it loose it's just a matter of rotating the tierod until the toe is where you want it. I make my adjustments one-half rotation of the rid rod at a time, and then tighten it up and go for a ride on flat pavement to test it. When it seems to track straight and you don't get any "wobble" in the bars, it's set.

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, the toe-in/out adjustment is pretty straight forward. I was trying to explain to somebody else in this forum how I do it. Anyhow, if anybody is interested, some guy on the HighLifter forum went into a lot of technical detail on how to do this. I'm sure if you did a search over there, you could find his web-site.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoss,
Thanks for the info. I had already adjusted mine in some and it helped mine was out to over 1/2".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts