Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for new wheels and tires...think I'm set on 589M/Ss after all the feedback I've received. One question. Are all aftermarket wheels the same width? I've seen lots of offers for tires and wheels but no mention of wheel widths. Wouldn't this make the wide tires taller when mounted on the same rim? Also, will my rear tires stick out further than the fronts? Just want to get all the facts before I order. Thanks. ~Ross

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can order the rims in different widths... On the rinny, the ITP wheels will stick out about 2 inches more on each side....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not quite sure the question you're asking but maybe this will help.

I have ITP 589, 26x9x12 in the front and 26x12x12 in the rear on standard C series rims, not C-5's. Just measured outside tire to outside tire. Front = 49" and the rear = 51". I believe the stock rear was 48". My son has C5 series rims and the same tire sizes. His rear is now about 54". Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I ordered a set of ITP Mudlites on ITP C seroes wheels. They have different width wheel but on the Rincon you have to use the same wheels front and rear. You end up using the ITP front wheels front and rear because of the offset. At least that's what I was told. They do stick out paswt the fenders front and rear, especially with the 27x10x12 and the 27x12x12 tires. I now have the ITP ATRs and they still stick out a little but not to bad. I like the way it looks and rides now.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
All the aftermarket wheels are only 7" wide, they come in different offsets, as for ITP, you have to run the front wheels on all four, Maxxis says they have the correct offset for the Rincon. I am running the ITP T5 wheel with 26-9-12 and 26-12-12 Bridgestone Mud Hook XXtreme tores, they do stick out a lot mor on the back but I feel the bike is now more stable and it makes it look good. I have front and rear views of this bike in my profile. If you are looking for the best deal on tires and wheels call 1-877-407-6213 and get a quote.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BKR, what company is that # for?

Did you buy that rear bumper grey or paint it?

Chad

·
Registered
121 Posts
HE got it grey at some atv convention, the one I bought just like it is only offered in black

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
That number is for a local company in the next town from me, they are hard to beat on mail order prices.
Check this bike out, it was on display at the ATV EXPO in Louisville this past October. Talk about going anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts