Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently done a few air box mods to my rincon. I bought the small 1 inch air box vents from dennis kirk and put a few of them in the lid of the air box and at the same time I did jetting that phil had mention in a earlier post about changing the pilot to a #40 and the main to a #158, but I thought that since I had done some air box mods I would put a #160 main jet in it and it runs really good like it is but I did a plug check the other day and the end of the plug (the L shape part) is white in color is this the part of the plug you need to be checking and if so does it sound like I may be running a little to lean if so what does everyone suggest trying .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
The insulator, or the part around the center electrode is where you should look for your color. If I remember correctly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No, the insulator should be white or slightly tan (but without metal flakes). You should read the base ring of the plug for jetting. It should have a light coating of black 3/4 to full way around.

Hard to do plug reading anyway... but it can lend clues, especially to plug temp, timing and if you're overly rich or overly lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts