Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the differance if any between the k&n and unifilter other than price TIA

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
hey man !

construction is different as well...

I come from a motocross world, where the K&N was allways the best for "on road" applications, and the Uni-Filter was the best for offroad.

how ever, all that has realy changed now and K&N makes a good offroad filter as well... I think now it comes doesn to preference...Im still using Uni-Filters..its an oiled foam filter, where the K&N is a cartridge type, the K&N can be cleaned in solvent and just like the foam element...and with K&N you can stick on a prefilter for those realy dusty days as well...

take your pick... and just buy either...

sorry if my english sucks here, its damn early in the morning...

·
Registered
421 Posts
is the stock filter any good? How do i clean it?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sorry Valk I had posted a reply a minute ago after you asked and now I don't see it, but now MudChucker has pretty much said it all for me.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I am not sure you are supposed to reuse the stock filter, but I reused mine a few times.

·
Registered
421 Posts
its a foam filter wouldnt it work like the UNI?

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
The stock filter is great as filters go, it just does not flow as much air as a UNI or Twin Air.

It is made to be used for a long time, wash it re-oil it and install it.

Your dealer should sell the cleaner and the oil, if not you can order it, PM BKR to see if he sells them, or look up Rocky Mountain ATV and get it from them. Rocky Mtn ATV is in Utah so shipped to AZ should only be 2 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts