Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I have been a UNIfilter user from as far back as I can remember...In my experience, the K&N were always paper element filters wich were never a good idea while offroading. So as I have always used UNIfilters, and I know K&N have oil foam elements, I still use the UNI....I dont see any reason to change, there realy isnt a boatload of technology in oil foam filters...

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Stock honda filters are cheap at my dealer. Buy two and keep one oiled. Then you always have a freshy for the dusty rides. Just do not clean them with gas, it dissolves the glue in the filters.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What about Twin Air, how do they compare with Uni? Its a toss up between those two when i order. I guess they both are basically the same thing. Anyone have the Twin? ( not the The New 06' Honda Rincon 850 Twin EFI, but the Twin Air brand air filter)

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Yeah Mudchucker, I did that too. Of course I am a Republican, so I did not inhale. My previous experience as a "paid" motorcycle mechanic for Suzuki and later Honda, was that all foam filters are fine. Its the oil that catches the dirt and slows the air flow down the most. You guys who do all the jetting gymnastics probabaly can realize the benefit of the twin airs, but with the stock set up, who knows. Anyway, as I have said in other posts, most of our scorched engines at the shop had been modified and re jetted. Those little japs with the pocket protectors that have mechanical engineering degrees are not as stupid as you give them credit for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts