Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a post that I also posted in the HMF forums but I thought that I would post it here also as to get more info and the fact that the guys at HMF can be slow at responding sometimes, thanks in advance....

I have a 05 Rincon and have a K&N filter and Utility series pipe w/ a Quiet Core, I followed the recommendation of your web site and changed the main jet to a 170, now the question- I noticed on another chart on this site it says to use a 155 while another page says 165 to 180 and in the issue of Dirt Wheels w/ the Ecopipe they used stock jetting- where do I begin? I ran all day yesterday w/ no problems except for a little off throttle popping, but I couldn't do a plug check because the dealer gave me the wrong plug when I went to go pick one up. The plug that was in there had only about 6 hours on it and when I pulled it today it was white on one side and brown/black on the other side, any clues on why this would be uneven like that? I will be getting another couple plugs tommorrow but would like to know if I am at a good starting point w/ the 170 or if I should go up or down a size or just get a Dynojet kit. Thanks in advance and sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You will get a duel colored plug. I think it is because of the design of the head and the alignment of the plug. I have heard of a tool that racers use to correct this but have not seen one. I can't remember what they call it. I have a good case of CRS.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You will get a duel colored plug. I think it is because of the design of the head and the alignment of the plug. I have heard of a tool that racers use to correct this but have not seen one. I can't remember what they call it. I have a good case of CRS.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry about the double posts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doc,
How was the power increase with the pipe and the 170 jet. Could you notice a differance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could notice a definite power increase, way more than I expected, it was much easier to steer with the throttle around corners and power was great at takeoff and at WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts