Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to check on my jetting last night. Went to pull the plug after a WOT / kill it run and this happened yet again. The cap is a bitch to get off from time to time.

By the way, I did have die-electric grease in the boot. It was getting dark and I got impatient and just yanked it off. I need to buy myself a set of long hook needle nose pliers or something...

I stopped by BKR's web site this morning and ordered up a new one. He's got good prices on these.

I grabbed a new plug and cobbed the broken cap back on with good ole black tape. It seems to be working fine while I await my new one.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Buy one of these...(spark plug boot remover).

Those spark plug boots are are very expensive.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Happened to me last month when I went to replace my plug. I had it into the dealer for the plastic swap and they replaced it for me under my warranty. They told me they see this all of the time with the Rinny. the plug boot is such a soft compound and tears very easy.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Ya no shit Jackson, the boot to buy here in Canada is $50!!!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
That sucks man! Yeah here they are $34. Where did you buy the pliers from? I like them. I have been using needle nose vice grips with some fuel hose over the serrations.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep that is the tool I need Gregger. I'll look around soon for one.

BKR has the boot currently for $23.50 on his web site.

$50 in Canada seems high. The exchange rate has been about a wash lately from USD to CDN.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Go to any good auto parts store, they should have the spark plug wire removal tool in stock. Like Carquest, Napa, Auto zone etc. There are different angle pliers made. Gregger has the strait pliers. They also make 45` and 90` angles.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Guitars911 - The same thing happened to me and they are $74.00 here in Regina. Our local dealer still rapes everyone from parts to full machines. The exchange has never even swayed them. I ordered mine from pure honda in Minot for 34$ shipped to my door.

·
Registered
39 Posts
is it hard to replace
no just stick a nail in the end of the spark wire and the cap has a screw in the wire end
and u just screw the cap on. before I would pay the ridiculous price quoted here
I would go to the auto wreckers and get one for peanuts, some cars have the same thing .

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts