Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Honda dealer that will give a reasonable deal....
I want to purchase a new 2004 Rincon GPS Yellow. In California I have gotten two outrageous prices, $8,350.00 and $9,600.00. I read posts where people have paid $6,325.00. Are they for real? Is there a Western state where I can get a better deal? At these price I might as well wait for the 2005's?

·
Registered
76 Posts
$6325 is a real good price... but was that out the door? I got mine for less than $6325, but once you add tax, paperwork, extended warrenty (optional), it was closer to (but still less than $7K)

Granted this is in Atlanta, and i have a good relationship with the dealer.

But at $8350 or $9600, you could fly here, buy the Rincon, ship it to 29 Palms, and fly home - and still save money...

Don't let the dealer tell you it is some CA emissions crap... from what i was told (someone correct me if i am wrong) all honda's meet the CA emission guidelines.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
There are no ATV emissions for CA that I know of.

My worthless dealer here in Reno will insist that $6325 is below cost on the machine, but I think he's lying. But this place prefers to sell at full list and it takes hours of haggling to get them down even a few hundred dollars.

Rob

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just bought a Rancher AT for my wife from Jorgensen's in Richfield, UT. It is a long way from 29 Palms but these guys have a reputation of giving the best price over the phone OTD price. They are use to it. They are off the beaten path and have to deal. When I got there to pick up the Rancher, I was AMAZED at the number of bikes in crates ready to be sold. They really are looking for volume. Ask for Stacy...

PS I saved about $1000 from any dealer in Las Vegas. Remember UT non-residents pay no sales tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$7,000.00 is looking pretty nice right now. I may have to fly to Georgia, to save $1,350.00!

Better yet, DRock - Send me your Dealer info and I'll wire him the $$ and he can ship it?

There has got to be a straight-shooting dealer in all of California? Help me out here....

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Here's an offer I can make...

I made this same offer on SnoWest but got no takers. There's a snowmobile in Minnesota that I'm buying. I can get it delivered out here for free sometime in July. But if I can find TWO people to help with fuel costs, I'll go out and get it.

The idea is this... I'm in Reno. If there's something I can deliver out that way, or pick up from there to bring back here, with some help with fuel, then it makes the trip worthwhile. I'm looking at basically three days on the road... two if I push really hard. My goal is to have my fuel costs covered. I estimate those to be around $500-600 depending on actual fuel cost and the mileage I get.

That's about what it'd cost to have one sled or one ATV shipped from somewhere in the midwest to the west somewhere.

So if I found two people willing to chip in $300 each, I'd be set. I'd offer up the time for the trip and the mileage on my truck and trailer.

There's room in my tiny 2-place enclosed snowmobile trailer for one sled and one ATV, or two sleds, or two ATVs. I can also fit a sled or ATV in the bed of my truck.

Since you're in 29 Palms, it's still possible to get it to you. A good friend of mine lives down there in 29 Palms, and I'm meeting him at the end of May for an ATV ride in Central Nevada. You could either come join us, or I'd just turn the machine over to him (he has a two-place trailer) to bring to you.

This may or may not be something you'd be interested in, but the offer is out there if you or anybody else wants to take me up on it.

My timeframe is flexible... but would like to do it by end of May.

Rob

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got a good deal from Mountain Motorsports in Ontario, California (L.A. area). I drove 400+ miles and they were totally straight up on the deal. The only thing is that they mostly sell bikes and were not very knowledgable on the quads, but I knew what I was looking for and what I wanted so that was not a problem for me. They never tried to bullshit me or change the deal made over the phone at all. If you know what you want, Give them a call and get a price for "out the door".

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nee-cee,
I got mine for less than $6800 out the door. Probably the same place DRock got his.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine in Richfield UT. http://web.jorgensenhondapolaris.net. From 29 Palms, you can do Richfield round trip in one day. I paid $6,300 out the door. No taxes for me because I live in Colorado. I saved about $1,700 buying in UT because the dealers here would not negotiate. Jorgensen quoted the price to me over the phone. I gave him a credit card # to hold a Rincon and I bought a trailer, and drove there. Paper work took less than 1/2 hour. No other costs. Ton

·
Registered
95 Posts
I paid $5999 (5499 + 500 tax, license and doc fees). I did spend a few hundred more on the 5 year extended warranty. I had my choice of a still in the crate Rincon, or a "new" factory demo that had 90ish miles and a few cosmetic scratches. The demo is still considered new...just didn't look like it and saved me $500. The "still in the crate" would have been 5999, + $500 (tax, license and doc fees), plus the extended warranty.

Good luck in your quest, and just go by the "out the door price"

Lizard

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I bought my Rincon and paid 7000$ OTD. These guys have the best prices Ive checked and most of my 2 wheel bike friends buy their. OTD cycle sports in Inglewood California or Go to google and find LA honda. Ask for Russ in sales 310 6775800 ext 112. This guy lives in a home i rented 30 years ago. Imagine that in this big world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts