Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body had any experence with this machine? ,is it a good dependable ride, or is it a POS ? . they look like there a fairly well designed machine and there are some positive reviews, just wondered if anybody has heard any thing about them. (my queen seems to like these things!! [email protected] boy i wish honda would build a 2 up......... thanks!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Festus you have a p.m.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have the Bombardier 400 and it's not a bad machine. The belt gave me problems on the first trip I was on along with a busted CV joint. It still rode fine with the broken joint but the belt problem parked it. Dealer fixed both problems under warranty, but I am now more cautious using it in water and when stuck in mud. Other than that it is pretty spunky and performs well. The clutch system lag takes getting used to. The IRS is very nice.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
My buddie has a NEW one and when we go riding I keep hearing this terrible noise when he would come to a hault I suspect it is the belt/clutch.. boy what a terrible noise!

I'm not gone on the longer wheel base either I believe it's 8" longer. This could cause problems out in the country and in the back of your pick-up !!

+ The 2 up is no more comfortable than my Kimpex rear cargo seat on the Rincon.

Stick with Honda

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
....it does come with a 2 year warranty, BUT what good is that when you are broke down 80 miles from civilization. (oh yeah great I'm covered under warranty!) LOL

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
...and do you want to be doing this with your wife all the time OR something rather more productive!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
My father in law has one and I can't understand why it is so hard to steer we check everything possible and we didn't find anything wrong. An also there is way to much engine braking you got to keep your thumb on throttle if you don't wan't the compression to stop you. It's a bike very well built and seems to be reliable. Good luck if you get one

·
Registered
231 Posts
My father has one and likes it but I can't really give you a reference one way or the other.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Up here in chetwynd, there seems to be problems with there cv joints up front, shredded belts, and the odd starter. Yes there ok for power and NO they don't even compare with the 500 sportsman, and I really dont like polaris. Too much plastic on the out landers....I would like to see one roled in 30 below. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts