Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Cleveland and just wanted to know if there are near by places to ride.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
wayne national forrest in southern ohio will be the best riding you do on this side of the mississippi. H/M trails are great too in west verginia

·
Registered
4 Posts
wayne national forrest in southern ohio will be the best riding you do on this side of the mississippi. H/M trails are great too in west verginia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wellsville is fun also, its a little down south.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, there is a place just a few miles south of Canton. You park & pay $12.00
to an old guy at the Bear Creek Amphitheatre. Then you pretty much have to find your own way around the trails yourself. If you know your way around (and I'm just figuring it out myself) you can have a pretty good ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes bear creek is a cool place, its about 15 minutes from me =)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have not been to bear creek I'll have to check it out. Wellsville rules without a doubt I didnt like wayne due to the long drive and tame trails whereas Wellsville has the best variety I've seen yet.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
i go to bearcreek quite a bit. where is wellsville??

·
Registered
174 Posts
take 39 east out of new phila and keep going to route 7 south 1 exit and hang a right to the top of the hill it's about an hour from new phila and its right on the ohio river

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
Powerline Park in St.Clairsville has a fun run this comming up weekend. I was gonna go but goin campin instead.........I ride wellsville too, its a blast there but the trails aer pretty serious at the same time, make sure you got a guide at forbiddenzone!

·
Registered
174 Posts
A guide? what does that cost? I refered everything to the creek running thru the center and which way the water was flowing and took off from there.

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
didn't cost me shit, we had a few members in our group that ride there a lot. Im ust sayin for your first time if you go there take a guide or someone who knows the trails cause sometimes you end up on a nice trail that leads to this shit I highly reccommend Wellsville it has some challenging trails. I think we rode for 8 hours and only did like 30 miles most of it was rock crawling and serious uphills and downhills.

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
Check out this thread I made after our wellsville ohio ride at forbidden zone, just gives you an idea of the place it is actually 10 times better than the pics show. Wellsville Thread

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
wellsville looks f'n sweet!!!! time to plan a trip with the guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rebel when you guys go again shoot me a pm i'd like to go with a pack of quads... i think where going next week

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
could anyone give me a address or directions to wellsville, i'm in columbus, oh

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
The Campground is located in the Eastern Part of Ohio. Close to Ohio River,About 30 Miles west of Pittsburgh,Pa 35 Miles South of Youngstown,Ohio and 20 Miles North of Steubenville,Ohio.Just off of state Route 7 5 miles North of Toronto,Ohio and 1 Mile South of Wellsville,Ohio.Turn at the 213 Road side Rest Stop and take Route 213 about 3 miles to Hammonsville,Ohio.At the bottom of a small hill coming into town,turn right on Twp RD 306 Dry Run Road and go about 1 mile.The entrance is on the right,go about a mile up hill to campground.Some previous names it has been called are The Pitts,Yellow Creek,Wellsville, Different magazines Rate it as one of the top 4 places to ride in th USA.Riding is open to Trucks,Jeeps,Buggies,Quads,and Motorcycles. RULES: Obey all signs,NO Drugs,NO Firearms,NO Fireworks allowed.Please Take ALL Trash Home with You. NO speeding,or Horseplay in parking or campsite areas.NO BAD Attitudes. All motorcycle and Quad riders MUST WEAR HELMETS.All open Jeeps,Buggies, And Trucks etc must Have ROLL BARS,Seat Belts,And Fire Extinguishers. Fires in Approved Pitts ONLY and no larger Than 48" in Diamater. PRICES will be $5.00 per day per person.All weekend Fri,Sat,and Sunday $12.00 per person.All Week $25.00 per person.Holiday weekends the prices will be slightly higher.Permanent spots are avilable.http://www.forbiddenzoneatvpark.com./

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
hey whats up i go to wellsville almost every weekend and its like the best place to ride in this area and oaktree is the best place to park there are no rules it costs 10 bucks per day per rider its the clark rd exit which is the one before or after the 213 road rest stop exit depending on if your going north or south and go to top of hill and theres like 6000 acres of mountains with mud hills rocks its awesome let me know if any of you want to go and we can meet up and oaktree is also a campground and hunting club cya

·
Registered
174 Posts
The worst part of Wellsville is that a guy I know has been surveying the area for a landfill and claims that in the next few years half of the riding area will be closed so enjoy it while it is opened.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts