Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into tracks for the Rincon and have come across the Mattracks and the Kimpex Cat tracks. Has anyone had any experience using either of these tracks or any other manufacturer. My main use would be in muddy, swampy and rocky trail type terrain and maybe on occasion snow. Any evaluations, comparisons or recommendations would be appreciated. ie/ costs, durability, value, function etc. etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I do not have personal experience with them, but the rescue squad has the mattracks on a polaris 700 for extreme retrieval conditions. I spoke with one of the members about them, and he stated that they are really good for traction in deep mud and snow conditions. He said that the disadvantage is that the machine is very tough to steer with them. You have to really put some muscle into the bars to get them to turn. He said that turning at speed is not easy, but that turning at little or no speed was nearly impossible. Depending on what the application for them would be, if you really need the traction then they seem to be a good mod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts