Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying my friends 2003 Rincon. It has about 620 miles and 42 hours on it. He is asking $4200. I think this is quite a good deal. I have read quite a bit about the Rincon on this forum and it sounds like it is a great machine. Is there anything else I need to about it? Has anyone had any problems with theirs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's one well made machine. I would just take it for a drive, listen for tranmission noise, like slip. There's two kinds slip, clutch slip its rare. Caused by failing O-rings in the oil pump. Or improper oil will cause slip.
The second kind of slip is improper gear shift linkage adjustment. This causes the engagment gear to disengage and slip. Its 45min fix, it should be done around the first valve clearence check. Its a HONDA a well built machine.

P.S 42 hours, Its not even broken in.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. This forum is really great. Sounds like Honda makes really great machines.

·
Registered
807 Posts
As long as it drives fine with no outwardly appearent problems....BUY IT. At that price you can't go wrong. I have over 10 grand in each of mine.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told him that I would buy it today. He is going to get the oil changed and the whole thing checked out at a dealer to make sure everything is ok before I buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts