Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Rincon for about a month and put about 100 miles on it. I would like to do the breakin maintenance myself. This will help me to learn about the mechanics, and at the same time save me the 270 bucks that the local dealer would have charged me... I am not very mechanically inclined, and clueless as to how to adjust the valves. I know how to change the oil and oil filter. I know you should also inspect the air filter, other than that, what else is necessary? In addition, what special tools do you need to adjust the valves? I am told that if you do your own maintenance, and keep records of it, your warrantee will be honored. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bigmac: The first thing to do is purchase the Rincon service manual. This will walk you through the whole process with photos and text. The manual is not cheap, but if you plan on doing your own work it is worth every cent. Check your owners manual for the service schedule...what and at what miles or hours you should inspect or replace certain items.
Hope this helps, DRincon

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bigmack;
You mentioned checking the air filter. It is simple to do, and I would recommend doing it far more often than every 100 miles. Keep it cleaned, and keep it coated with air filter oil. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In regards to the service manual purchase, go to ebay and search "Rincon". There is a guy selling them on cd-rom for $20 with a buck shipping. They cost about $65 from the dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bigmack,

Hello from ATVNC.com. This a pretty cool site isn't it. I changed my oil when I put a 100 miles on mine. Then again at 600 miles. When I changed it at 600 miles the oil looked really good. I just changed it again at 1200 miles and the oil still looks great. My air filter, I check it just about every time I ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts