Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a Warn backup light and would like to hock it up to the backup light on the dash board. Does anyone know if this is possible and how, which wire to connect to? Will I require a relay switch? Not interested in having a toggle switch to turn the light on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mudchucker, got the relay today. Would you happen to known the color code for the backup pod light?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I dont have my service manual infront of me at the moment... you can download it off me if you like, http://rincon.mylinuxguru.com/~files/servicemanual/Rincon%20Service%20Manaul.zip

the schematics are in the back of the book...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, just got the bike appart. Thanks for the scematics, wil;l keep you posted. Only dif is the GPS which is another unit to pull appart!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
There is a gray wire I believe one of four just inside the frame right under the seat on the right hand side. If I remember correctly it is right behind the upright frame member with the hole in it for the snap of the side panel. This wire is easier to access and find than any under the dash You will know the right bundle because there is a connector hooked to the frame right there in plain sight. I mounted my relay in the right back corner under the seat. There is room and it keep all the wiring runs short; from the pickup wire, the battery and the light(s).

Worked great for the two Warns I have in back.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ringo,

What did you buy or make for the spare fuel can, that's pretty cool. Would be neat to have one like that to slide into my 2" hitch for those long trail rides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Parkgt, I took the dash appart yesterday and found out that those wires are way too tight to cut into. I will take a look for that gray wire under the seat. You are right, would be much better located under the seat closer to the rear, shorter wires ect, thanks again.

RINCON1 I purchased this unit at www.motovan.com, look at section A page 82. The rack is bolted to the lower portion of the bumper. I have also just purchased a fuel pack from ATV Outfitters. It has a 3.25 gallon capacity and is quite usefull for the long hauls.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I used the warn driving lights for back up lights. All of the wires are in the box. The switch is on the lower part of the arm rest on the right side.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I didn't make mine automatic because it's not needed every time you go to reverse. It is good however to use as a utility light also, like when you get back to camp and need light for a few you can just hit the switch.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mounted three switches in the lower part of the pod. Front lights, backup light and heated grip switches. Fit pretty well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, does anyone have the 2005 rincon service manual that can be down loaded? Or do you know were it is for download

1 - 12 of 12 Posts