Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I Recently purchased 2 used machines, one is an 04 and the other an 05. I never owned a quad before and finally sold the old Big Reds'. I was blown away with how well these handle my wooded trails.

I destroyed one of the old swamp tires that were on the 05 and decided to purchase some Power King Terrarok 26-11-12 & 26-9-12 tires. All of my riding is over uneven hard-pact wood trials and occasionally road trips to local relatives. The tread on those tires looks like they will be much better for my use and they are 8 ply!

Anyone heard of them or have any experience?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.

The person I purchased it from had replaced the stock tires with ITP rims and mud tires, they were 26-12-12 & 26-10-12. I decided to reduce them to 26-11-12 & 26-9-12. That should increase the torque just a little from what I've been used to. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

·
Administrator
12,362 Posts
You'll have a slightly lighter weight tire after the change, depending if its the same brand and ply, which means less rotating mass weight- but with that small difference, not sure if you'll notice it. Maybe weigh both tires to see the exact difference.
Like what the others are saying, decreasing the diameter will make a bigger difference, in most cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts