Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding a lot of sand and grit. Noticed my recoil starter hanging out a little, so I pulled on it. Now it is stuck half way out. Has anyone taken this off? Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, done it a few times. Pull off the airbox (excellent opportunity to do a jet kit as well) and you will have visual access to it. I use an 8mm 1/4 drive socket on an extension with my air ratchet to remove it (4 bolts) a few different length extensions is helpful.

Once you get it all cleaned out, be sure to seal it up good with silicone or some form of sealant before putting it back on. I sealed the drain hole at the bottom of it and the rope hole and a thin layer of silicone around the whole sealing surface.

I already ruined one recoil and replaced it.......... under $40 for the new one. With my new sealing technique, I try it before every ride and reseal the rope hole after I break the seal, I have had no more problems.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The preserving method is great, but have any of you tried to actually start your Rincon with the pull starter. Good luck. I carry jumper cables and always ride with another Quad. Saves a hernia.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mudtoyournuts,

Thanks for the help. Great advise. Thnx

·
Registered
322 Posts
I start mine every-so-often with the pull starter just to make sure it is operational. No problems yet (knock-on wood!).

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you pull the rope out about half way, it will engage the compression release and will pull much easier.

·
Registered
807 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't know about a "Compression Release". That is good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts