Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it off so that I could replace it with the 2" version. In the process, I broke off one of those miserably tiny 8 mm machine screws that holds it on. Word to the wise: Soak those puppies with penetrating lubricant for a few hours and then unscrew them SLOWLY- just a little "pop" at a time. Drilling and using an EZ-Out on a screw body that small makes for a frustrating evening.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Barkle, it's me again. How are things going? How much did the 2" tip change the sound of the Rinny? Supertrapp and Highlifter have not come through yet on the exhaust I supposedly won at the Highlifter Mud Nationals, so I may go with the 2" until I get it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
first thing i did when i got my rinny was take all three of those bolts out and coat them with anti-sieze,i learned the hard way like you on my rubicon..

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duramax, it's a lot throatier, but not offensively so. have not had a chance to go WFO with the new 2" tip. i can tell you that the spark arrestor assembly i yanked out looks pretty, well, arrestive.

that anti-seize is a good idea. maybe i ought to dip the whole damn bike in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I made my own out of stainless, 1 3/4 inch.It didnt do anything for power that i can notice, but it sounds a hell of alot better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine. Was taking off the exhuast tip to remove the spark arrestor and one of those bolts broke. I left off the whole assembly for about 6 months until I bought an aftermarket pipe. It's funny that the stock muffler without the tip makes the quad sound like a helicoptor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts