Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 04 Rincon with 290 miles, Need a littles more power.
Have been thinking about a slip on pipe...(HMF utitity) and a jet/filter kit.

Have any used the HMF pipe/ Jetkit ? don't what to spend too much...

How easy is it to rejet the Rincon Carb?

Thanks for any input on this.....

Chuck.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
TrailLeader... wooot! definatley...

I have the HMF utility with the quiet core, and jetted with a uni filter ...
a note here,.. when you buy your DJ kit, only change the needle, dont bother changing the main jet, the stock main is #152, and the biggest DJ is #150, its the taper in the needle along with the adjustments of the clip and air fuel mixter that makes all the difference. I have also got a #160 from HMF, and a #158 that I bought localy to try... currently my machine is running so damn good I dont care to upjet beyond the #152.... its farking awsome...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
oh, rejetting is a snap... yellow650rincon has some instructions on his site, you dont need to remove the carb ... but realy, as I said above, you dont need to change the main jet, just take the top off and change the needle and spring, about 10 minutes your first time... a point to make, that white "thing" in the bottom of the slide, you use a phillips to unskrew it about a 1/4 turn to get it out, and do it *gently* over a box or somthing so if you drop anything your able to find it... and yes, you use all the stock washers under the DJ clip...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
You have no idea the Kick in the ass that awaits you... I just did all my mods in the last 3 weeks, and i cant get enough of it... that little wheely above, I did while I was already going about 15 to 20 miles per hour and tromped on it..

last night I pinned it on my front yard and I stood it on its end ! on the up seat... almost over backwards !

and never mind that absolutley delightfull roar of the pipes...

man... you shouldnt have gotten me started... now I have to leave work early and go for a burn...

woot !

totaly... you have no idea of the size of the sleeping giant in that machine...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mudchucker, good info.....i can't wait till i get mine!

Nice Rincon Mudchucker! I have the Green with Warn Bumper and rear box.

New Tires will come next year.... ITP's or Bighorn radials.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mudchucker, Did you ever try running the DJ #150 main jet after you installed your HMF. The reason I am asking is after I installed my exhaust and started rejetting I got my most power from the DJ #150 main and I tried alot of jets (160,165,170) and still got the most from the 150, but I guess it has alot to do with your elevation and air temp. You said that the stock 152 main is larger then the DJ 150 and you are right, but the DJ 150 will flow more with the DJ needle then the stock jet will with the DJ needle its because they both are made to be used with each other for the max performance. I am glad everything worked out for you using this set up but if you haven't tired the DJ 150 give it a shot and like I said above it could be all in your elevation and air temp why this didn't work well for you. Did you ever get the chance to play around with changing the pilot jet if so what did you think about it I have been wanting to try it also but I haven't got the chance to yet. I beleive that it will do wonders for the low end power I could be wrong. If you get the chance to try it let me know how it works.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Im on the DJ 150 now.. I have a #158 I want to pluck in there soon...

No, I never did change out the pilot jets, I ordered them and picked them up the same weekend my HMF arrived, since installing my HMF the problems have all gone away... and now my machine is a horny beast !...

Im thinking I will get the pilot and the 158 in there in a week or 2...

·
Registered
732 Posts
I already have the Uni filter and jet-kit installed with the 144 main. I'm about to install a HMF utility series and was wondering if I should install the 148 that DJ recommends or the 160and up that HMF says, or the 150main. I have no other engine mods, and I'm at less than 1000ft.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am at 2600' and always ride higher, sometimes as much as 9500'. So far with the DJ148 I have only been to about 3800' and all is well. I started with the DJ 138 and slowly worked my way to the DJ148. I can't get enough grip on dirt to do much of a wheely but on asphalt if you pin the throttle it instantly comes straight up. I would like to try a pipe but I just don't want to put up with the noise. Right now this thing REALLY kicks ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts