Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just perfomed the 100 mile service on my new 05 Rincon. The only modification I have done is to clip the carburetor diaphragm spring, mentioned in other topics. What a difference. I did "wheelies" for hours yesterday afternoon. I believe they do get stronger with age.

On a similar note, I have a new 04 Silverado with the electronic throttle. It felt "doggish" when new, but now, after 4000 miles, the performance has picked up. I wonder if the computer keeps the power down during the first few thousand miles? If so, it sure felt like my Rincon did the same thing. (I know it's not possible, but it sure felt like it!)

Almost bought a Rubicon--but now I'm glad I bought the Rincon. Who needs a low range? Get a good winch...

Love the site...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did my 1st oil change Sat. also. How hard was it to get the spring out? I have heard alot about it, but was afraid of voiding the warranty. CHAD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a piece of cake. Take the 4 screws out of the top of the carb. Remove the long spring. Cut off about 10 coils, and reinstall with the cut side up. Made a notable difference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will try it when I get home. I saw the four screws that you are refering to. Thanks for the info, CHAD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts