Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done the Big Bore Kit? If so, was it worth the money and time? How much more power did you notice and was there a better throttle response? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
I would not touch it until the cylinder gets messed up or the rings finally wear out (unlikely). Hondas will last forever when stock but become as reliable as a Kawasaki when you punch them out.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
there is a post on this forum somewhere... who ever did it, said that they could wheelie if they pinned it at 20 miles per hour... but I agree with Corndog.. Im not going to change mine until what I have is hooched... I can already wheelie from 10 to 15 miles per hour, albeit little wheelies, the tires are still off the ground...

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
Something just occured to me, how much can you bore a Rincon. I believe they have the newer "Nikasil" cylinder liners that are basically plated and not steel. I believe they are unboreable unless you have them recoated afterwards?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange how I have mixed feelings about this. I want to keep it reliable, but I enjoy beefing things up (The little kid in me). I guess you can't have the best of both worlds huh? If I do ever have problems with the rings or something of that nature I probably would go ahead and put the Big Bore in at that stage, but I probably should leave well enough alone for now. It was a nice idea though. I didn't know about any special cylinder liners, that's good to know. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts